Just like any service, the costs associated with hiring a graphic designer will differ depending on your requirements and the graphic designer quoting you.
Elements influencing the charges charged by each graphic designer can include;
- Whether they are insured or not (it’s common for some freelancers to not bother with insurance coverage to secure you versus issues such as copyright violation).
- Value added services such as online payment of your billing with a reliable company.
- Standard of design; it stands to factor that the better the designs produced compared to others in the market, the more a designer is more likely to charge for them.
- Experience; a more skilled designer will charge more for their knowledge and experience; this represents worth for the client, as a more knowledgeable designer is less likely to battle with meeting deadlines, comprehend how to compile a design brief without relying on you to do it by yourself, and not get tripped up by issues such as print colours, printing bleeds and file compatability with the printing company.
A standard graphic designer will be able to fulfill your web and print graphic design requirements and cover a minimum of graphic design services such as logo style, stationery design, and web site graphics.
Some agencies may in additionally offer more creatively orientated design work such as graphic illustrations which can be included into your website branding, stationery and style.
Using illustrations as part of your company branding can be an effective way of setting yourself apart from your competitors.
Budgeting for your task.
It can be challenging assessing all your options in hiring a graphic designer that gives you the best value for your investment when each graphic design agency charges vary a lot, however the following pointers may help you to focus on a few of the important considerations:
- What is the track record of the graphic designer you are considering; have you ever become aware of them previously, have they been suggested to you by somebody you trust, do they appear to have an existing customer base you can possibly get in touch with, or any customer recommendations/testimonials you can see?
- Are there any ‘warnings’ in evidence that should make you cautious of using a particular graphic design company such as a lack of contact details for the firm (address, phone number and so on), bad customer support from the beginning of your preliminary communication with them, or a less than professional way in their telephone or email discussions with you?
- Does the graphic design agency have a portfolio for you to view; preferably you need to lean away from engaging an agency that does not have a portfolio as without a portfolio you have no proof that they can offer the level of expert design work needed, whether they have experience of working with other clients on comparable tasks, and even if their specific design style (most firms lean towards a specific design) satisfies your requirements.
- What assistance are they ready to provide you? A high quality graphic design agency will use ongoing assistance with the graphic designs they have completed for you– preferably for free. This assistance is important over the long term as in a lot of cases you will utilize your graphic designs over and over for several years.
If you want to take all the headaches you may potentially face in hiring a graphic designer, you may want to consider an agency that offers an unlimited graphic design service at a fixed low monthly rate. A reputable company like arcadia.design, with an extensive portfolio of established clients, you can rest assured that your designs will of the highest quality at the most affordable prices.
web & graphic design experts.
WE CREATE DESIGNS THAT WORK.
arcadia.design is a brand design agency that specializes in creating memorable brands through beautiful & functional web & graphic design.